Rantings and ravings from an admitted fan (as in fanatic!) of the Boston Red Sox. Updated only occasionally, but with my take on recent developments in Red Sox Nation. Updated more frequently during the end of the regular season and playoffs (hopefully).

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Joe Torre

Far be it from me to defend a Yankee, but I think it is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS for the Yankees to be talking about firing Joe Torre. As distasteful as it was for George Steinbrenner to issue a statement over the weekend (with his team down 2-0 in the series to Cleveland) that if the Yankees didn't win this series, Torre was gone. That was bad. Following through on the threat would be worse.

What exactly has Torre done wrong? The players love him. I defy you to point to one move he's made that is wrong (a rarity, trust me), and he seems like a classy guy. Now consider all that, and consider that it's coming from someone who HATES THE YANKEES with every fiber of my being. Hate the team -- respect the manager.

So actually, now that I think about it, I hope King George does let Torre go. I hope he hires a string of unsuccessful managers and reverts to the days of a revolving door at the helm of the Yankees. This 12 years of stability and success was getting old anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home