Rantings and ravings from an admitted fan (as in fanatic!) of the Boston Red Sox. Updated only occasionally, but with my take on recent developments in Red Sox Nation. Updated more frequently during the end of the regular season and playoffs (hopefully).

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Wily Mo

I still think trading away Bronson Arroyo was a mistake, and having him on the pitching staff near the end of the 2006 season might have slowed down the collapse, but damn it's fun to watch Wily Mo Pena hit home runs! He just hit a grand slam against the Orioles in the eighth inning to turn a 2-1 deficit into a 5-2 lead just like that (snapped my fingers). And he didn't scrape any paint off the back of the fence, either. He absolutely crushed that ball, and it even made the Orioles announcers gasp a little bit. Would I like to have Arroyo still pitching for the Sox? Sure. But Pena's "upside" is fun to think about, especially after shots like that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site. A lot of useful information here. I’m sending it to some friends!

3:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

1:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home