Rantings and ravings from an admitted fan (as in fanatic!) of the Boston Red Sox. Updated only occasionally, but with my take on recent developments in Red Sox Nation. Updated more frequently during the end of the regular season and playoffs (hopefully).

Monday, October 03, 2005

We're in!!!

OK, we take 2 of 3 from the Yankees on the last weekend of the regular season, and we have to watch the bastard Yan-KEES celebrate at Fenway. (Well, some of us outside of Boston didn't get to watch, as by some licensing rule it was not available on MLB extra inning package, and the mlb.tv internet broadcast was blacked out as well. If any genius as MLB can explain that one to me, I'm all ears). So I had to "listen" on mlb live audio to the Yankees celebrate, which was just as well. Some things are better left unseen.

So here it is. I think the Sox got the better divisional series matchup. I don't know what it is about the White Sox, but they just don't scare me as much as the prospect of travelling all the way out to Anaheim, as the Yankees have to do. Don't get me wrong, I've got a healthy amount of respect for the Pale Hose, and they are perfectly capable of beating the Red Sox, but my point is that I don't mind this matchup. Call them co-division champions, call them wild card entrants, whatever. The important thing is that it's October, and "The Nation" is still alive and well, and the Sox are in the playoffs for the third year in a row. As Martha Stewart would say, "It's a good thing. Now get out of my face before I bust a cap in your ass." Clearly prison changed Martha.

Go Sox! The Red ones...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home